Friday, August 21, 2009

The King of King's business requires Haste!

Revelation 1:3 "Blessed [is] he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time [is] at hand."

Do you realize that it is approximately 127 days until Christmas, and 133 days that this year will be over. We ponder on where the days and months have gone in 2009? All the plans we had made on New Years Eve 2008, if they have not been accomplished then we have very little time to do so now. We that are Christians realize that we are living in the last days, and what we do for the Lord must be done with an urgency. As the scripture in 1 Samuel 21:8 “And David said unto Ahimelech, And is there not here under thine hand spear or sword? for I have neither brought my sword nor my weapons with me, because the king's business required haste.”
We should take this as our motto, “The King of King’s business requires haste.”

Years ago the church sang, “Hold the fort, for I am coming,” Jesus signals still;Wave the answer back to Heaven, “By Thy grace we will.” realizing the meaning and purpose of the song that we are not to give up and we cannot allow the enemy to overcome us. It seems like a majority of Christians now are simply "holding down the fort." They have become comfortable, complacent, simply going through the motions of Christianity, instead of working and laboring till Jesus comes.. We have the idea that we go to church, we worship, we go home. But the idea of Christianity was to share the Good News! To go into the highways and hedges and compel them to come in.. We must take on the old gospel song, "We'll work till Jesus come, and then be gathered home."

The conditions of America is failing fast, one cannot depend on the economy, the stock market and definitely cannot depend upon the Government. But one thing that is steadfast and secure, My hope is in the Lord. Titus 2:13 "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works."

If you are not a Christian, then the truth is you have no hope in this world. But let me tell you of one that will never fail you, Jesus. If you are longing and searching for peace that you just can't seem to find, try Jesus, He is the Prince of peace. If you are worried about your future, place your future in the hands of Jesus Christ.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Cry out to Him today and He will save you, bring you peace, and joy, and assurance.

I leave you with this old song of the church..

"My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness. I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus' Name. On Christ the Solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand. All other ground is sinking sand
When darkness veils His lovely face, I rest on His unchanging grace. In every high and stormy gale, my anchor holds within the veil. On Christ the Solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand All other ground is sinking sand.
His oath, His covenant His blood, support me in the whelming flood. When all around my soul gives way, He then is all my hope and stay. On Christ the Solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand All other ground is sinking sand.
When He shall come with trumpet sound, O may I then in Him be found. Dressed in His righteousness alone, faultless to stand before the throne. On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand. All other ground is sinking sand.

I pray that you find this Solid Rock, this Hope, and His unchanging grace.

Pastor Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment